From growing our community to site updates and milestones traction, 2014 was a stellar year for G2 Crowd.
We closed out the month of December – and the year – by hitting some key milestones, including:
• more than 30,000 total ratings and reviews, and more than 22,000 software reviews - double what we had last year at this time
• more than 30,000 registered users on the site
• 150,000 unique monthly visitors in December 2014, growth of about 400 percent
• more than 5,000 products listed on the site from more than 4,000 vendors, over several hundred categories
• more than 650,000 total questions answered through our surveys
In 2014, we also published record level of new content, including 15 new category reports; eight additional refreshes on our category reports; and two special-edition GridScapes: one for Dreamforce and another for the Solutions14 conference. We also announced our first “Best of” Awards for 2014. (Here are Part One and Part Two.)
We’ve also added many new site features to make it easier for users to share their experiences and find the information they need. This includes new compare pages (Ex: Tibco Spotfire vs Tableau Desktop); competitor sidebars on our product pages; our HTML reports (Ex: the Fall 2014 report on best marketing automation platforms); the ability to sort reviews at the category level by reviewer company size, industry and more; and those real-time grades you see when you write reviews.
Other 2014 highlights include:
• doubling our team (with some of the brightest and most passionate people in Chicago)
• our two-year code anniversary
• an additional round of funding
• being the only third-party validation source cited in HubSpot’s IPO filing
• speaking on various panels
• media coverage and citations from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CIO, VentureBeat, CMSWire, TechRepublic, Social Media Explorer, MediaPost and more. (See the full list here.)
Thank you for helping us lead the way in changing the way business software is bought and sold. You are “the Crowd.” Each new community member and each new review takes us closer to our vision of creating a platform that brings transparency to the purchase process.
Whether you’re a longtime G2 Crowd Member, or have joined recently, we’d like to give you our heartfelt thanks.